When you use Wildfire Expeditions, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use Wildfire Expeditions.
We realise that people are unsure about entering their personal details into websites via the Internet. Below, we explain what information we collect from you, how we use and process your information, who we transfer it to etc.
When this policy mentions ?Wildfire Expeditions,? ?we,? ?us,? or ?our,? it refers to Wildfire Expeditions ApS, the company that is responsible for your information under this Data Policy (the ?Data Controller?).
- A) WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use Wildfire Expeditions, including when you sign up for an account, subscribe to our newsletter, download trip notes or travel articles, make a comment in our forums or to our travel articles, update your user profile, make a booking, or create or share content, and message or communicate with other travellers or tour operators etc. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the location of a photo, the date of sign-up, or the date a file was created.
- When you sign up as a user:
When you manually sign-up as a user on Wildfire Expeditions we collect the following information from you: first name, last name, nationality, and your email address. You may furthermore provide additional information in your profile such as photo, date of birth etc.
For us to process a booking for you, we collect some information from you. The information required may vary per booking, depending on which tour you wish to book, as it ultimately depends on what information our tour provider require to carry out the tour booked.
We always require your title, full name, date of birth, nationality, and your contact number. For certain Products that you book we may also require: your passport number, passport issue date, passport expiry date, height in centimeter, dietary requirements, medical conditions (only the ones relevant from a travel perspective), travel insurance provider, travel insurance reference number, travel insurance contact number, next of kin name, next of kin relationship, next of kin contact number or email address, and other relevant details.
In order to confirm booking of a Product on the website Wildfire Expeditions also require your credit or debit card details and perhaps other financial details. Please note that we only store 4 of the 16 digits of your credit card for security reasons. The remaining information is passed on to Stripe, the international and accredited payment gateway provider. We furthermore collect information about the Product purchase and transaction, including meta data such as IP location, time of making the booking and other information.
- When you provide provide trip notes, travel guides, e-newsletters or similar
When you subscribe to our newsletter, or download trip notes for a trip, or download a travel guide, travel article or similiar, we will collect and store your email address.
We collect information about how you use Wildfire Expeditions, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the suppliers or users you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used Wildfire Expeditions, and what travel articles, tour pages, and other content you view on Wildfire Expeditions.
- Things others do and information they provide about you
We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use Wildfire Expeditions. This can include information about you, such as when others send a message to you.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with Wildfire Expeditions, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes:?information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, and browser type.
- Device operations:?information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, e.g. mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers:?unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, associated with the same device or account.
- Network and connections:?information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, and IP address.
- Cookie data:?data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
- B) HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described below and to provide and support the growth of Wildfire Expeditions. Here?s how:
- Provide, personalise, measure and improve Wildfire Expeditions:?We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to measure and personalize features and content (including your?tour, destinations, currency and activity?display) and make suggestions for you (such as Products or travel articles you may be interested in or travel topics you may want to follow in our forums etc.) To create personalized Products that are unique and relevant to you, we use your past browsing data on Wildfire Expeditions; how you use and interact with our Products, tour companies, and users; and your geographical location.
- Location-related information:?We use your current location (via IP address) to show you Product information in your local currency, including showing you relevant Products and destinations, concerning your current location.
- Product research and development:?We use the information we have to develop, test and improve Wildfire Expeditions and its existing features, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features. We also use your information to share with other users on e.g. how many users are currently active in the Product you?re looking at, or if a user has recently booked a Product in a given destination or region.
- Provide measurement and analytics:?We use the information we have to understand the usage of Wildfire Expeditions better, to know how many people use it, and how they use it.
- Promote safety, integrity and security:?We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad user experiences, maintain the integrity of Wildfire Expeditions, its Products, and data, and promote safety and security on Wildfire Expeditions, and for all the data we collect.
- C) HOW IS THE INFORMATION SHARED?
Upfront, ?we do not sell any of your information to anyone. Your information is shared with other parties in the following ways:
We are required to communicate and share your information to the supplier with which you booked a Product so that the supplier knows your required booking information and when you will be starting your Product. We give your name, your nationality, your phone number, your email address, and other information provided, including all the information entered into the booking form, when making a booking, and other information collected post-booking, to the supplier. The supplier requires this information to process your tour. The supplier and other users will furthermore receive all the information that you pass to them via our messages and chat system inside Wildfire Expeditions. All suppliers on whose behalf we facilitate bookings of Products have agreed to the Wildfire Expeditions terms and conditions and accepted this Wildfire Expeditions Data Policy.
- People and Suppliers that you share and communicate with:
The users and suppliers who you communicate with will receive all the information shared and communicated. In order to help and assist you, we furthermore share all this information with a few select Wildfire Expeditions staff so that they can assist you better with your communication, existing or upcoming Product bookings. When you make an enquiry via Wildfire Expeditions and respond back to e.g. a supplier via email, this information still goes through Wildfire Expeditions and is shared with the supplier, via Wildfire Expeditions, as well as the few select Wildfire Expeditions staff.
Public information on Wildfire Expeditions can in principle be seen by everybody, including if other people don?t have an account in Wildfire Expeditions. This includes comments you make in our forums, comments to a travel article or blog post. We may furthermore share questions or concerns that you raised with Wildfire Expeditions?s Customer Service, and provide an answer to such questions publicly, to better assist other users of Wildfire Expeditions.
- Content others share or reshare about a page on which you?ve contributed some content:
When you post a comment, make a review, upload an image, or in any other way make some information publicly available on Wildfire Expeditions, such information may be shared via Wildfire Expeditions or other channels by other users.
Information about your active status:
When you?re logged in and on Wildfire Expeditions other people will be able to see signals telling them that you?re active, or when you last used Wildfire Expeditions, when they check your profile.
Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using Wildfire Expeditions:
When you do a login with Facebook or Google+, they will know that you logged into Wildfire Expeditions, so this information is shared with Facebook and Google. Same applies if you do a social media share or like with a social media channel such as e.g. Facebook, Google+ or another third party platform.
If the ownership or control of all or part of Wildfire Expeditions changes, we may transfer the information to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners:
We share analytics and browsing data with third parties such as Google, Facebook, Hotjar and other third parties for marketing and analytics purposes, including improving Wildfire Expeditions as a product. Most of this data is, however, only accessible on an aggregate manner.
Our auditors and other people may have access to some of your booking data, but merely from a legal perspective, e.g. when we?re having our accounts audited by an accredited auditor company.
Vendors and service providers:
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Law enforcement or legal requests:
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests.
- D) WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA?
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through the Wildfire Expeditions profile page;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- as necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized, safe, and profitable travel service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
- E) HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS PROVIDED UNDER GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, edit, rectify, port and delete your data. You will be able to do such under your Wildfire Expeditions profile page.
- F) DATA RETENTION, ACCOUNT DEACTIVATION, AND DELETION
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Wildfire Expeditions as a product.
This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
If you decide to close your Wildfire Expeditions account from your Wildfire Expeditions profile page, we will deactivate your account and delete all your profile information. Please note, however, that we in our files may retain some information associated with your account and past transactions for purposes including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations, and compliance with legal requirements.
As a registered Wildfire Expeditions user, you can modify your email subscription choices at any time on the Wildfire Expeditions profile page. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your Wildfire Expeditions account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- G) HOW DO WE RESPOND TO LEGAL REQUESTS OR PREVENT HARM?
We want you to feel confident about using Wildfire Expeditions, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
You should be aware that where you link to another website from this website, that Wildfire Expeditions has no control over that other website. Accordingly, Wildfire Expeditions cannot guarantee that the controller of that website will respect your privacy in the same manner as us.
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request, if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We can also respond to legal requests when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off Wildfire Expeditions.