New Zealand, Mount Aspiring National Park
Brewster Glacier and Gillespie Pass? 4 Day? Trek
The Gillespie Pass adventure is targeted to take place over 4 days, 3 nights within Mount Aspiring National Park, South Island, New Zealand. The park is renowned for its amazing diversity – mountains, alpine lakes, river valleys, waterfalls, glaciers, beech and podocarp rain forests.? Above the tree line, subalpine gardens of tussock mark the mountainside in green lushness. The mountains are unspoilt and truly a sign of the beauty of the wilderness.
This is an amazing trek offering a combination of climbing up to the base of Mount Brewster and Brewster Glacier and then moving over to Makarora valley to take on the beautiful track of the Gillespie Pass circuit.?Enjoy the exciting climb up to Gillespie pass (1600m) to enjoy the skyline view of Mount Aspiring national park and Mount Awful.? We will enjoy the beginning of the last day with a thrilling jet boat ride to the trail head.
WHY BREWSTER HUT AND GILLESPIE PASS TREK?
- Brewster Hut and Gillespie Pass Trek gives you the amazing combinations of glacier lakes, mountain views and high passes
- Trekking to Brewster hut offers an incredible perspective of the Mount Aspiring National Park and surrounding peaks
- Overnight stays at mountain huts offer a rare opportunity to experience the beauty of the mountain and the amazing sunrise.
IS THIS TRIP SUITABLE FOR YOU?
- This Pass offers access to amazing nearby peaks, and home to the national park with amazing views of wildlife and flora
- If you are physically fit and can walk for long hours without any difficulty, you can complete this?trek. It is rated as moderate grade
- This Brewster hut / Gillespie Pass trek lasts for 5 days. On average you spend 6 to 7 hours walking. You will need to carry your personal gear, sleeping bag, clothes, etc..
- The Brewster hut / Gillespie Pass trek route is gentle with some steep ascents and descents at intervals
The highest point of this Brewster hut / Gillespie Pass trek is at Gillespie pass at 1629 metres
BEST TIME TO GO
The best seasons for Brewster hut / Gillespie Pass trek are Summer (December-March). During these seasons the skies are mostly clear and weather remains pleasant. Weather in New Zealand is unpredictable, so we need to be prepared with rain gear. This trip can also be done during winter months, though the weather will be cold and harsh, it will be less crowded and the skies will remain clear offering spectacular and unobstructed views of the mountains
|DEPARTURE / RETURN LOCATION||Wanaka Town Center, Wanaka New Zealand|
|DEPARTURE TIME||February 23, 2020? Please arrive by 6:00 PM?at Wanaka Town Center, Wanaka, NZ.|
|RETURN TIME||February 29, 2020? Approximately 9:30 AM at Queenstown Airport|
|WEAR||Season Dependent Trekking clothes|
*Only one pickup time can be accommodated at Queenstown airport. We can assist in booking a shuttle if you cannot make the departure time, the cost will be paid by the individual.