Weekend Rock Climbing Clinic (Beginner / Intermediate Level)
Have you always been climbing in indoor gyms and would like to bring your climbing experience to another level by trying natural rock top-rope climbing and abseiling? Or are you totally new to climbing and would like to start off your new passion in an outdoor climbing environment?
This is an amazing experience in a part of Thailand that is both historic and full of natural beauty.?? Located approximately two hours outside of Bangkok, Lopburi has some hidden spots for amazing climbing. There are options for both sport and trad climbing with all grades to challenge you.? Rock Climbing in Thailand is? becoming more and more popular, but this region is still undiscovered for its amazing climbs. Come join Wildfire for rock climbing with an amazing view and a bit of nature appreciation!
The Lopburi rock climbing trip duration will span 3 days, 3 nights in Lopburi, a province in Central Thailand approximately 150km north of Bangkok, home to Thailand?s biggest sunflower fields.?
- Natural Wall Rock Climbing In Lopburi – Khao Jin Lae (206 meter Peak)
- Visiting Khao Jin Lae Temple
- Exploring Lopburi
- Visiting sunflower fields (only for sunflower seasons)
|STARTS / ENDS||Lopburi, Thailand
|SEASON||NOVEMBER – JUNE|
|CONFIRMED DATES||January 2nd-5th 2020, January 9th-12th, 2020|
|WEAR||Summer Season Climbwear|
Accommodation at Lopburi for 3 nights. Twin Share
Transportation to / From Lopburi to the climbing walls
Rock Climbing equipment (ropes, belay devices etc)
Services of a trip leader and assistant
Rock climbing instruction and rope setup*
Personal Climbing gear (Shoes, Chalk etc.)
Meals Not Included
Flights not included
Ground Transportation to/from Lopburi – Bangkok
(We can arrange private transport at an additional cost)
Min 3 Persons Required
Classes begin with a review of harness, knots and communication. We generally start on moderate rock routes and progress from there. Participants climb a variety of pitches enabling them to practice and improve movement techniques, including edging and smearing, stemming, jamming hands and feet, crimping, etc.
Rope management and technical skills will include learning to coil a rope, clip and unclip bolts, remove nuts and camming devices, and equalize and clean top-rope anchors. Participants will advance in their climbing, safety and technical skills.
- Efficient movement on rock, how to use your feet more than your arms to conserve energy
- Essential rope work, belaying using various rope controllers
- Key equipment used when climbing outside – rope, belay devices, quickdraws, safety carabiners and slings
- Top rope situations – belaying, top-out set ups and anchors
- Different types of top-out set ups and their management
- Advanced belay skills – where to stand, thinking ahead, when to give slack and when to minimise the amount of rope out
- Using quickdraws and clipping safely, quickly and effectively
- Finishing routes and getting back down – how to thread the top-out set ups safely and communicate with your partner effectively
- Retreating off a route. Abseiling and downclimbing
- Crag awareness, the environment and potential hazards
- Day 1? ?Arrive in Lopburi, go over logistics for the upcoming days, Hotel Check-in??
- Day 2? -? Rock Climbing at Lopburi. Learning knots, belay techniques and climbing techniques.?Free and easy – Exploring the town of Lopburi, night markets, temples and ancient ruins!
- Day 3? -? Stopover at an award winning cafe for an amazing breakfast.?More Rock Climbing. Abseiling, Topping out, and increased rock challenges!
- Day 4? Free and easy & Departure from Lopburi.
*Due to time and safety, only certain routes will be set up.
**Sunflower Season is only from November till January.? We still operate trips to Lopburi year round though.
|Minimum Participants||4 People|
Cancellation Policy😕 Due to the booking of government and operator permits, Wildfire Expeditions has the following refund policy
- Each deposit, includes a $100.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 90 days prior to the trek or dive date.
- 50% refunds will be provided 60-89 days prior to course, trek or dive date.
- 25% refunds will be provided 45-59 days prior to course, trek or dive date.
- No refunds will be provided 45 days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing? within the deadlines stated above.
- All balances are due 60 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.