Mount Aspiring National Park New Zealand, Rabbit Pass 5 Day Camping Trek
The Rabbit Pass trek is targeted to take place over 5 days, 4 nights within the Mount Aspiring National Park, South Island, New Zealand. If heights aren't an issue and you are ok with a bit of exposed climbing, this is the trek for you! This exciting trek will have you hiking across spectacular landscape, climbing rock faces and camping next to waterfalls! Enjoy the town of Wanaka as we spend our first two nights in town for some preparation and a bit of rock climbing before the trek starts!
2 Nights Stay around Lake Wanaka (twin share)
Helicopter Drop off into Mount Aspiring National Park
5 Days trekking around Matukituki Valley with an exciting climb thru Rabbit Pass
The trek starts with a scenic helicopter ride* sweeping around the towering blue ice walls, with an amazing view of Makarora Valley with a drop-off at the Jumboland flats. From the drop-off, it is a pleasant 2 to 3 hours walk up to our campsite beside Lake Diana.
The next days will be spent exploring the area around Lake Diana and Lake Lucidius and have us climbing the steep cliffs and rocky sections of the waterfall to the top of Rabbit Pass with sweeping views of Mount Aspiring. Then over and down the steep descent of the cliff face into the Matukituki Valley. Once onto the high basin, the beautiful alpine meadows and rock fields make travel through the pass an experience to remember.
|DEPARTURE / RETURN LOCATION||Wanaka Town Center, Wanaka New Zealand|
|DEPARTURE TIME||March 03, 2020 Please arrive by 6:00 PM at Wanaka Town Center, Wanaka, NZ.|
|RETURN TIME||March 08, 2020 Approximately 3:30 PM to Wanaka Town Center|
Mt Aspiring National Park, New Zealand
|Minimum Participants||3 People|
|Physicality||4 out of 5|
Due to the technical nature of this trek, a maximum of 6 participants to one guide and one assistant. A minimum of three participants is required for the trek to operate.
Cancellation Policy😕 Due to the booking of government and operator permits, Wildfire Expeditions has the following refund policy
- Each deposit, includes a $100.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Full refunds, less registration fee, will be provided 90 days prior to the trek or dive date.
- 50% refunds will be provided 60-89 days prior to course, trek or dive date.
- 25% refunds will be provided 45-59 days prior to course, trek or dive date.
- No refunds will be provided 45 days prior to course, trek and/or expedition date.
- All refund requests must be made in writing? within the deadlines stated above.
- All balances are due 60 days prior to departure date unless otherwise specified.